You are interested in understanding complex materials, in applying an interdisciplinary scientific approach for their investigation and you can work well in a team. Hands-on experience with material characterization techniques (rheology, optical microscopy and light scattering) as well as a basic understanding of surface chemistry are important for the project.
#Rheology #GMP #Pharma
Our customer, a pharmaceutical company based in Basel, needs reinforcement. For a temporary employment (01.10.2021 until 30.09.2022, with option for extension), we are looking for a
Rheology Scientist (m/f/d), 100% (temporary)
- Perform a variety of routine and complex analytical procedures to analyze composite materials in the form of liquids, semisolids and powders by various testing techniques. Among them, mainly:
- Rheology to characterize flow behavior and viscosity of materials, or their mechanical and thermal stability. Hands-on experience is required in carrying out oscillatory tests to characterize the deformation, time and temperature-dependent behavior of samples.
- Wetting and adhesion testing (contact angle, SFE, including surface tension)
- Optical microscopy and light scattering analyses (SLS).
- Perform routine viscosity tests (e.g. viscosity and flow curves, dynamic viscosity measurements) by various methods (rotational viscometer; falling ball measuring principle, Höppler DIN 53015 and ISO 12058) and at the occurrence support as deputy images acquisition of drug products by optical microscopy.
- Develop new analytical methods, ensure high quality data and enter them in LIMS system and report the results in clear analytical reports
- Writing and follow laboratory documentation (e.g. SOPs), maintain accurate records and GMP documentation
- Activities include supporting product development and depending on projects, GMP analyses for release, stability and clinical studies might also be in scope
- Enter data in LIMS system and report the results in clear analytical reports
- Operate and maintain testing equipment (GMP and not). Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on equipment (GxP and not) and/or coordinate maintenance through equipment vendors
- Work independently and creatively for problem solving, anticipating issues and proactively finding solution
- Postgraduate, preferentially with a completed Master in physical chemistry, material science, chemical engineering, or related disciplines
- Strong background and experience in the field of rheology
- Sound Knowledge of data generation and processing
- Ability to resume analytical results in well-structured written reports
- Problem solving mindset: anticipating issues and proactively finding solutions independently
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels in international and multidisciplinary teams
- Previous experience in similar industry (e.g. pharma, food, al.) and in GMP are a plus
- Proficient in English, any other language skill is welcome
… please contact Mr. Renato Imboden by phone on 061 269 90 60